Weight Watchers Whole Turkey Breast with Zesty Cranberry Relish
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7-pound) turkey breast with ribs
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- ? cup water
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for indirect cooking and maintain a medium fire.
- Combine the oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Loosen the skin around the turkey breast by running your fingers between the skin and the meat, starting at the tips of the breast halves. Once the skin is loosened, divide the spice mixture between the two halves and spread it liberally onto the meat, and pat the skin back into place.
- Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on the indirect heat section of the grill rack (away from the heat source), cover the grill, and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the breast registers 165°F, 2½–3 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, orange juice, water, onion, and red pepper flakes in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Add the cranberries and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens slightly and the cranberries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime zest. Let the mixture cool about 30 minutes, then chill until ready to serve.
- Transfer the turkey breast to a carving board and let stand for about 10 minutes before carving. Remove the skin before eating. Serve with the relish.