Weight Watchers Turkey-Mushroom Pot Stickers with Dipping Sauce
- ? cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cold water plus more for steaming
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 scallion, finely chopped Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup finely chopped napa or savoy cabbage
- 2 cups boiling water
- ½ pound ground skinless turkey breast
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps finely chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ? teaspoon black pepper
- 50 (3 to 3½-inch) round wonton wrappers
- To make the dipping sauce, combine the lime juice, 3 tablespoons cold water, the fish sauce, sugar, half of scallion, and the red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Put the cabbage into a strainer. Slowly pour the boiling water over the cabbage. When the cabbage is cool enough to handle, squeeze out the excess water. Combine the cabbage, turkey, mushrooms, egg white, cilantro, soy sauce, oil, cornstarch, black pepper, and the remaining half scallion in a bowl until blended.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. To make the dumplings, place 10 wrappers on a work surface (keep the remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel so they don’t dry out) and place 1 rounded measuring teaspoon of the cabbage mixture in the center of each wrapper. Lightly brush the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold the wrappers in half and press the edges together to seal. Place the dumplings on the baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling, to make a total of 50 dumplings.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Arrange half of the dumplings in the skillet. Cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup cold water. Reduce the heat and steam, covered, until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Uncover and cook until the water evaporates, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer the dumplings to a baking sheet and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining dumplings and ¼ cup more cold water. Serve the dumplings with the dipping sauce.