Weight Watchers Turkey Fajitas with Nectarine Salsa
- 1 large red onion
- 4 nectarines, about 1 pound, pitted and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ pound turkey breast cutlets, cut into 2 × ¼-inch strips
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 assorted color bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- To make the nectarine salsa, finely chop ¼ of the red onion and place in a medium bowl. Slice the remaining ¾ onion and set aside. To the chopped onion, add the nectarines, 1 of the jalapeños, the cilantro, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt; mix well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey; sprinkle with the black pepper and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the turkey to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the reserved sliced onion, remaining jalapeño, and the bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and light golden, about 8 minutes. Add the turkey and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas according to the package directions. Divide the turkey mixture evenly among the tortillas (about ¾ cup filling on each) and top with salsa (about ½ cup on each). Roll up and serve at once.