Weight Watchers Thai Turkey Stew
- 1 (13½-ounce) can light (reduced-fat) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai curry paste, hot or mild or 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pound skinless boneless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (1-pound) cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas, or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the coconut milk, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, and curry paste in a 3-quart baking dish with a tight-fitting lid or a clay Chinese stew pot.
- Add the turkey, scallions, cauliflower, bell pepper, okra, and peas; mix well. Cover and bake until the sauce is bubbling and the turkey is cooked through, about 55 minutes.
- Stir the water and cornstarch in a small bowl until dissolved; stir in some of the juices from the baking dish. Return all to the baking dish and stir. Continue baking, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.