Weight Watchers Thai Red Curry Chicken
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 (¼-pound) skinless boneless chicken breast, lightly pounded to even thickness
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup light (reduced-fat) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and add to the skillet. Cook the chicken until browned on the outside and cooked through, 4–5 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium; add the scallions, ginger, and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to thicken, 5–6 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer until heated through, about 1 minute longer. Serve, sprinkled with the cilantro, if using.