Weight Watchers Tex Mex–Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14½-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, and oregano; bring to a boil. Stir in the chicken; reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.