Weight Watchers Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 (¼-pound) skinless boneless chicken thighs
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Combine the scallions, mirin, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the oil, and the pepper flakes in a zip-close plastic bag; add the chicken. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Lift the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Discard the marinade. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Add the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through and the liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes. Turn the chicken to coat with the liquid. Cut the chicken into slices to serve.