Weight Watchers Sweet-and-Sour Glazed Chicken
- ½ cup canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces and skinned, giblets discarded
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Combine the pineapple, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño pepper in a large zip-close plastic bag; add the chicken. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place a rack in a roasting pan. Lift the chicken pieces from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place the chicken on the rack and bake until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 165°F, about 35 minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm. Remove the rack from the pan and with a spoon, skim off any fat from the pan juices. Pour the pan juices into a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until the juices are reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, about 10 seconds. Serve the chicken with the sauce.