Weight Watchers Spinach and Chicken Triangles
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- ? cup finely crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon black pepper
- 14 (14 × 18-inch) sheets phyllo dough, thawed according to the package directions if frozen
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Combine the onion, spinach, chicken, cheese, dill, egg white, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray 2 jelly-roll pans or baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface. Cover the remaining sheets of phyllo with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out as you work. Lightly spray the phyllo sheet with nonstick spray. Cut it lengthwise into 4 strips. Put a rounded teaspoon of the spinach mixture in one corner of each phyllo strip and fold the phyllo diagonally over the filling to form a triangle. Continue to fold the phyllo (as if folding a flag) to the end of the strip. Place the phyllo triangles, seam side down, on a jelly-roll pan. Cover with a damp paper towel to prevent the phyllo from drying out. Repeat with the remaining phyllo and filling to make a total of 56 triangles.
- Bake the triangles until the phyllo is puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.