Weight Watchers Spiced Chicken-Currant Patties with Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 1½ teaspoons plus
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground skinless chicken breast
- ? cup plain dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To make the yogurt sauce, combine the yogurt, garlic, the 1½ teaspoons oil, ¼ teaspoon of the salt, and ? teaspoon of the pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the chicken, bread crumbs, currants, tomato paste, coriander, oregano, cinnamon, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ? teaspoon pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Shape the mixture into 4 (½-inch-thick) patties.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the side of a patty registers 165°F, about 6 minutes on each side. Serve the patties with the yogurt sauce.