Weight Watchers South-of-the-Border Bean and Chicken Soup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15½-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- Heat the oil in a nonstick Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cilantro, and lime juice; simmer, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve the soup with the sour cream.