Weight Watchers Slow-Cooker Herbed Tomato–Italian Sausage Dip
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian chicken sausage links, casings removed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the sausage meat, onion, carrot, and bell pepper; cook, breaking the sausage apart with a wooden spoon, until browned, 7–8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the sausage mixture to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, fennel seeds, and black pepper. Cover and cook until the mixture simmers and thickens, 2–3 hours on high or 4–6 hours on low. Serve hot
- or warm.