Weight Watchers Slow-Cooker Duck and White Bean Chili
- 1 pound skinless boneless duck breasts, cut into ½-inch pieces Grated zest and juice of 1 tangerine
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 1 small red onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 (14½-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (15½-ounce) can navy or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add half of the duck and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer the duck to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining duck.
- Add the tangerine juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour the tangerine juice mixture into the slow cooker. Stir in the carrots, onion, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, tangerine zest, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cover and cook until the duck and vegetables are tender, 4–5 hours on high or 8–10 hours on low. Divide the chili among 6 bowls and sprinkle with the cilantro, if using.