Weight Watchers Roasted Orange-Herb Game Hens
- ? cup minced shallots
- 1mtablespoon dried fines herbes
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (1½-pound) Cornish game hens, halved
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Combine the shallots, fines herbes, orange zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the herb mixture to another small bowl; set aside.
- With your fingers, gently loosen the skin from the breast meat of each hen half. Rub the 1 tablespoon herb mixture into the meat, under the skin, of each of the hen halves, then press the skin back into place.
- Place the hens in a roasting pan and roast for 10 minutes. Add the broth. Roast, basting the hens twice with the broth, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 165°F, about 20 minutes longer.
- Transfer the hens to a platter; cover loosely with foil and keep warm. Place the roasting pan directly on top of two burners over high heat. Add the orange juice and the remaining herb mixture; bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce has reduced to about 1 cup, about 4 minutes. Serve the hens with the sauce. Remove the skins from the hens before eating.