Weight Watchers Porcini Chicken
- ½ ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 (4–5-ounce) thin-sliced chicken breast cutlets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- Combine the mushrooms and the water in a small bowl; let soak about 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, lift the mushrooms from the liquid, rinse thoroughly, and coarsely chop. Line a strainer with a paper towel. Pour the mushroom liquid through the strainer; reserve ½ cup of the liquid.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray (preferably olive oil spray) and set over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute on each side. Reduce the heat to medium. Sprinkle the chicken with the shallots; spray with the nonstick spray. Cook until the chicken is browned on the outside and cooked through, about 3 minutes longer on each side. Transfer the chicken and shallots to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Add the reserved mushroom liquid and bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the liquid has almost evaporated. Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat; stir in the butter until melted. Serve the sauce with the chicken.