Weight Watchers Peppered Orange Quail
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 (¼-pound) semi-boneless quail, thawed, skin removed, and split open down the back
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for a medium-hot fire.
- Combine the molasses, orange zest, vinegar, and pepper in a zip-close plastic bag; add the quail. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the quail. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- Lift the quail from the marinade and sprinkle with the salt. Discard the marinade. Place the quail on the grill rack and grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.