Weight Watchers Pan-Grilled Jerk Chicken Breasts
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped 1 to 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 4 (¼-pound) skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Put the scallions, bay leaves, jalapeños, garlic, oil, vinegar, allspice, thyme, salt, and cayenne in a small food processor; pulse until a thick paste forms. Place the paste in a zip-close plastic bag; add the chicken. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade. Spray a ridged grill pan or large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10–12 minutes.