Weight Watchers Osso Buco–Style Chicken
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 (7-ounce) whole chicken legs, skinned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ? teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 3 chicken legs and cook until browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Repeat to brown the remaining chicken.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, oregano, and pepper flakes to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Pour in the broth, stirring constantly to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through and very tender, about 40 minutes.