- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth(at room temperature) or 1 cup vegetable broth (at room temperature)
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 1 dash rosemary, to taste
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash thyme, to taste
- 1 tbsp. light butter
- 1⁄4cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 6 slices light bread
- To make it even tastier, you can leave the bread uncovered overnight at room temperature, until it becomes slightly stale. Or you can lightly toast the bread.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the bread into ½ inch cubes. In a medium baking pan, spray it with nonstick spray, and arrange the bread cubes evenly at the bottom of the dish.
- Combine celery, onion and broth in a medium pot. Cook for eight minutes with medium heat.
- Before adding the garlic and mushroom, make sure that you have turned off the heat. Season the mixture with salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper to taste and allow it to cool for several minutes.
- Add butter and egg substitute to broth and veggie mixture and stir. Place the mixture into the baking pan to cover the bread cubes evenly. Use fork in mixing. The bread cubes should be moist but not soaking.
- Cover the pan with foil and cook for 20 mins.
- Remove the foil and rearrange stuffing. Place it again in the oven, uncovered and then cook for 15 minutes more.