Weight Watchers Mulligatawny Soup
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1½ cups)
- 2 carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- ¾ pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into ½-inch chunks
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 7–10 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cilantro, garam masala, and salt; return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with the yogurt.