Weight Watchers Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs with Penne and Kale
- ¼ pound ground skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup plain dried bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fat-free milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 (½-inch) cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fat-free marinara sauce
- ½ cup water
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- Mix together the chicken, ¼ cup of the Parmesan, the bread crumbs, parsley, milk, egg white, garlic, and oregano in a large bowl until combined well. Divide the chicken mixture into 16 equal portions. Shape each portion around a mozzarella cheese cube to form 16 stuffed meatballs.
- Meanwhile, combine the marinara sauce and water and bring to a simmer in a large skillet. Gently add the meatballs; cover and simmer, turning the meatballs a few times, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Cook the penne according to the package directions, omitting the salt if desired, and adding the kale during the last 1 minute of cooking; drain.
- Divide the pasta-kale mixture among 4 plates; top evenly with the meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.