Weight Watchers Mexican Chicken Soup
- 3 (8-ounce) whole chicken legs, skinned
- 7 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- 3 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cups corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups baked tortilla chips, broken up 6 lime wedges
- Put the chicken, broth, carrots, jicama, cilantro sprigs, garlic, and jalapeño pepper in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker; cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are fork- tender, 4–5 hours on high or 8–10 hours on low.
- Lift the chicken from the soup and set aside until cool enough to handle. Discard the cilantro sprigs. Pull the chicken meat from the bones, then tear or cut the meat into bite- size pieces.
- Meanwhile, add the corn and tomato to the slow cooker; cover and cook on high until heated through, about 20 minutes. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and add the chopped cilantro; cook on high until heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve each bowl of soup sprinkled with a few sliced scallions and a few tortilla chips, with a lime wedge on the side.