Weight Watchers Mexicali Chicken Soup with Lime
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 4½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ medium ripe
- Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon black pepper
- Spray a nonstick Dutch oven with canola nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onions, carrots, garlic, and chile pepper to the saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 5–6 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the flavors are blended, about 20 minutes. Return the chicken to the saucepan and simmer until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 1 minute.