Weight Watchers Mediterranean Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Orzo
- 6 ounces orzo
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 6 (½-pound) whole chicken legs, skinned
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ plus ? teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1¼-pound) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook the orzo according to the package directions, omitting the salt, if desired; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the cheese and olives; cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, 3–4 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the artichoke hearts, garlic, and oregano to the skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Return the chicken to the skillet and add the broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate. Pour 1 cup of the artichoke sauce over the orzo and toss well. Divide the orzo among 6 plates and place 1 chicken leg on each plate. Serve with the remaining sauce.