Weight Watchers Mediterranean Chicken Casserole
- 3 (¾-pound) bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned and cut crosswise in half
- 1 (14½-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 10 pitted green olives, rinsed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ? teaspoon saffron threads
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a Dutch oven or large flameproof casserole dish with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and brown for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the tomatoes and broth to the Dutch oven; bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the fennel, olives, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and saffron. Stir, making sure chicken breasts are partially submerged in liquid.
- Cover the Dutch oven and bake 35 minutes. Uncover and stir in the cornmeal until it is incorporated into the sauce. Continue baking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in a breast registers 165°F and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes longer. Serve the chicken with the vegetables and sauce.