Weight Watchers Matzo Ball Soup
- ½ cup matzo meal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ? cup seltzer water or water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 cups Homemade Chicken Broth or canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 carrots, very thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- To make the matzo balls, combine the matzo meal, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Combine the eggs, seltzer water, and oil in a small bowl. Add the egg mixture to the matzo meal mixture and stir until just blended. Cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Bring the broth, carrots, and shallot to a boil in a Dutch oven or large pot. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are partially tender, about 5 minutes.
- With wet hands, shape the matzo mixture into 12 balls. Carefully drop the balls, one at a time, into the simmering soup. Simmer, covered, until the matzo balls are cooked through and tender, 20–30 minutes, stirring in the peas during the last 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley just before serving.