My household beloved this salad. It had all the things you want in a single recipe – meat, veggies, and bread to fill you up
Weight Watchers Lots-of-Vegetables Chicken Panzanella Salad
- 12 ounces day-old crusty whole-grain bread, lightly toasted and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ pound cooked skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 large fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- ½ cup fat-free Italian dressing
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the bread, chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, parsley, basil, and capers in a serving bowl and toss until mixed well.
- Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the black pepper; toss until coated evenly.