Weight Watchers Lemony Chicken and Lentil Soup
- 1¼ pounds skinless bone-in chicken thighs
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dried lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or flat-leaf parsley
- Put the chicken, broth, lentils, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and coriander in a 5- or 6- quart slow cooker; cover and cook until the chicken and lentils are tender, 4–5 hours on high or 8–10 hours on low.
- Lift the chicken from the soup and set aside until cool enough to handle. Pull the chicken meat from the bones, then tear or cut the meat into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, add the spinach, lemon zest, lemon juice, and dill to the slow cooker. Return the chicken to the pot; cover and cook on high until heated through, about 20 minutes.