Weight Watchers Jerk Chicken and Plantains
- 2 tablespoons salt-free dry jerk seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 (5-ounce) skinless bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large ripe plantain, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 × 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the jerk seasoning and salt in a cup. Rub into the chicken; set aside about 5 minutes.
- Toss together the onion, bell pepper, plantain, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Spread this mixture into the baking pan. Place the chicken on top. Cover and bake until the plantains are soft and the chicken is falling off the bone, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.