Weight Watchers Grilled Lemon-Orange Chicken with Gremolata
- 2 large lemons
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ cups orange juice
- ? teaspoon cayenne
- 2 (3-pound) chickens, cut into quarters, skinned, and first two wing joints removed, giblets discarded
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Grate the zest from 1 lemon and set aside. Using vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the remaining lemon in strips, leaving the bitter white pith behind. Squeeze the juice from the lemons; set aside. Using the side of a large knife, mash 2 of the garlic cloves with ½ teaspoon of the salt until it forms a paste.
- Combine the orange juice, lemon juice, strips of lemon zest, garlic paste, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and the cayenne in a jumbo zip-close plastic bag (or divide between 2 large zip-close plastic bags) and add the chicken. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare a medium-high fire.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade. Place the chicken on the grill rack and grill, turning, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 165°F, about 25 minutes.
- To make the gremolata, finely chop the remaining 2 garlic cloves with the parsley; stir in the grated lemon zest. Transfer the chicken to a medium serving platter and sprinkle with the gremolata.