Weight Watchers Grilled Citrus-Basil Chicken with Agave Nectar
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest (about 3 large limes)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon medium or dark agave nectar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3½-pound) chicken, cut into 6 pieces, skinned, giblets discarded
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- To make the marinade, combine the lime zest and juice, orange juice, basil, agave nectar, garlic, oil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Transfer half of the lime mixture to a covered container and refrigerate.
- Transfer the remaining lime mixture to a large zip-close plastic bag and add the chicken. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for a medium- hot fire.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade. Place the chicken on the grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 165°F, 20–30 minutes.
- Pour the reserved lime mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Transfer the chicken to a medium serving platter and spoon the lime sauce over. Serve with the lime wedges.