Weight Watchers Grilled Chicken Strips with Turkish Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½–1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ? plus ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 16 strips
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the yogurt, scallions, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the garlic, jalapeño pepper, the ? teaspoon salt, and ? teaspoon of the black pepper in a medium bowl. Stir to mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, soak 16 (6–8-inch) wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray the grill or broiler rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Put the chicken strips into a medium bowl; sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ? teaspoon pepper; toss to mix well. Threat chicken strip onto each skewer in a snakelike fashion. Cover the ends of the skewers with foil to prevent them from charring.
- Place the skewers on the grill or broiler rack and grill or broil about 4 inches from the heat until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Pile the skewered chicken onto a small platter; drizzle the oil over the yogurt sauce. Serve the sauce with the chicken.