This simple, 30 minute recipe for potato salad is a superb aspect for any cookout. The addition of chicken sausage ups the protein quotient.
Weight Watchers Grilled Chicken Sausage with Roasted Potato Salad
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon country-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 large red onion, cut into
- ½-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (12-ounce) package fully cooked chicken sausage
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen peas, thawed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a nonstick roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, oil, garlic, ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper in a small bowl until blended; set aside.
- Combine the potatoes, onion, rosemary, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl. Lightly spray the potato mixture with extra- virgin olive oil nonstick spray; toss to coat. Arrange the potato mixture in the roasting pan in one layer. Roast, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and browned, about 40 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl; set aside.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook, covered, until lightly browned and just heated through, about 7 minutes. When the sausages are cool enough to handle, cut them diagonally into 1-inch pieces; add to the potatoes.
- Add the peas, bell pepper, olives, and parsley to the potato mixture. Drizzle with the dressing and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve at once.