- 1 egg white, whipped until stiff
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 pound fish fillet
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 slices (optional)
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 4 light hamburger buns or 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 tsp. tartar sauce
- cooking spray (Pam)
- Combine Parmesan, pepper, cornmeal and salt in a pie pan. Put aside.
- In a separate pie pan, put the egg white.
- Spread the fish together with the mustard.
- Dip the fish in cornmeal and egg white mixture. Set on a plate.
- Heat over medium fire the large skillet sprayed with Pam until the oil is hot.
- Cook the fish two to five minutes on each side, depending on how thick your fish is.
- Warm your buns. Put mayo or tartar sauce on the bottom half, top with fish and squeeze the lemon juice in the fish and put lettuce on top and tomato slices.