Weight Watchers Easy Chicken Lasagna
- 1 pound ground skinless chicken breast
- ½ pound cremini or white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (26-ounce) jar fat-free marinara sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (9-ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook until they give off their liquid and it reduces by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the marinara sauce and bring the mixture to a simmer. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg whites, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly across the bottom of a 9 × 13-inch baking pan. Place 5 of the lasagna noodles over the sauce in one layer. Top with one-third of the chicken mixture, then spread half the cheese mixture over the chicken mixture. Repeat the layering one more time, then top with the remaining 5 noodles and the remaining one- third chicken mixture. Sprinkle the Parmigiano-Reggiano over the top.
- Cover and bake the lasagna 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbling and lightly browned on top, about 10 minutes longer. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.