Weight Watchers Duck Breasts with Raspberry-Thyme Sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) container fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless boneless duck breasts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Combine the raspberries, sugar, and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, just until the berries are softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mustard and a pinch of the salt. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Sprinkle the duck with the thyme, the remaining salt, and the pepper. Heat the oil in a large heavy nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the duck skinned side down and cook 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare or to the desired doneness. Transfer the duck to a cutting board and keep warm.
- Add the raspberry sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour the sauce into a sauceboat.
- Cut the duck crosswise into ¼-inch slices and serve with the sauce.