Weight Watchers Drumsticks Roasted with Garlic
- 4 celery stalks, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (5-ounce) chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1 large head garlic, broken into cloves and peeled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 × 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the celery, onion, apple, tarragon, and thyme in a large bowl; turn into the baking pan and spread out, making a bed for the drumsticks. Tuck the bay leaves into the vegetables, then sprinkle the salt and pepper over the mixture. Lay the drumsticks on top, then tuck in the garlic cloves, pushing them down among the vegetables.
- Cover the baking pan and bake until the vegetables are soft and an instant-read thermometer inserted in a drumstick registers 165°F, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves. Place 2 drumsticks in each of 4 bowls, then spoon the vegetables and roasted garlic around them, like a stew.