- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu (low-fat)
- 1 tsp fresh or dried lemongrass (optional)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 thinly sliced scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients except for the tofu in a square 9 by 9 inch baking pan.
- Remove the water from the tofu, cut into half lengthwise. Paper towel can be used to blot it.
- Pre-heat the non-stick pan over medium fire and spray using a nonstick spray.
- Cook the sliced tofu in the pan for around four to five minutes, use a huge spatula to flip it. Brown it to give texture and color.
- Put the sliced tofu in the marinade, turn the spatula once.
- As the tofu sits in the marinade, turn using a spatula once.
- Cut the slab three times lengthwise as the tofu sits in the marinade. Toss slowly.
- Marinate the tofu for thirty mins.
- Take out the garlic and ginger slices. Serve chilled or warm.
- Weight Watchers Chicken Lemony Soup
- Weight Watchers Vietnamese Chicken Soup
- Weight Watchers Garlic & Oregano Soup