Weight Watchers Creamy Garlic, Chicken, and Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2 pounds), scrubbed and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in the broth; bring to a boil.
- Put the potatoes, bay leaf, salt, and pepper in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker; pour the broth mixture over the potatoes. Cover the slow cooker and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, 3–4 hours on high or 6–8 hours on low.
- Discard the bay leaf. Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor in batches and puree. Return the mixture to the slow cooker. Add the chicken, cheese, and tarragon; cover and cook on high until the chicken is heated through and the cheese melts, about 30 minutes. Serve the soup sprinkled with the parsley.