“This is an attractive and zesty all in one dish. It’s full of veggies and chicken, and loaded with flavor. A quick fix for a long day. If desired, top with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.”
Weight Watchers Corn and Salsa Chicken Salad
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (¼-pound) skinless boneless chicken breast halves 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 8 fat-free tortilla chips, coarsely crushed (about ¼ cup)
- To make the dressing, combine the salsa, vinegar, mustard, and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the Cajun seasoning. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board; let rest for about 5 minutes. Cut each breast, on the diagonal, into 4 or 5 slices, keeping the slices together at one end.
- Combine the corn, tomato, avocado, scallions, and the remaining ¼ cup cilantro in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well to coat. Divide the salad evenly among 4 plates. Top each salad with a chicken breast with slices fanned open, then sprinkle with the chips.