Weight Watchers Chopped Chicken Liver Spread
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ pound chicken livers, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Whites of 2 hard-cooked large eggs
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the livers, peas, salt, sage, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the livers are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Transfer the liver mixture to a food processor and pulse to form a rough puree. Add the hard-cooked egg whites and pulse until almost smooth. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl.