Weight Watchers Chipotle-Marinated Chicken Breasts with Chimichurri
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotles en adobo, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2(¾-pound) bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned and cut crosswise in half
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine 2 of the garlic cloves, the chipotles, honey, and cumin in a zip-close plastic bag; add the chicken. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Sprinkle the chicken with ½ teaspoon of the salt. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, 3–4 minutes on each side. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes. Uncover the chicken and increase the heat to medium. Cook, turning twice, until the chicken is cooked through, 12–15 minutes. Discard any liquid left in the skillet.
- Meanwhile, to make the chimichurri sauce, combine the remaining 1 garlic clove, 3 teaspoons oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt with the vinegar and cilantro; mix well. Serve the chimichurri with the chicken.