- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium turnip, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 cups green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 small celery stalks, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a huge pot and heat over medium-high fire.
- Sauté the onion until it becomes translucent. Add garlic and sauté without browning.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for around a minute or two. If needed, you can another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add thyme and season to taste with pepper and salt.
- In a crock pot, add the sautéed vegetables, tomatoes and vegetable broth.
- Cook for about seven to nine hours on low or for about four to six hours on high.
- To thicken the soup, mash potato chunks on the side of the crock pot. Stir and serve.