Weight Watchers Chicken, Shrimp, and Kielbasa Paella
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (¾-pound) bone-in chicken breast halves skinned and cut in half crosswise
- ½ pound extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ pound turkey kielbasa, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1¼ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 8 small pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- ? teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, 3–4 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until browned, 1½ minutes on each side; transfer to a separate plate. Add the kielbasa to the skillet and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side; transfer to the plate with the chicken.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, broth, rice, olives, saffron, and cayenne; bring to a boil. Add the chicken and kielbasa; return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and simmer, covered, until the chicken and kielbasa are cooked through and the shrimp are opaque in the center, about 7 minutes. Fluff the mixture with a fork and stir in the cilantro, if using.