My husband loved this dish, however the taste was not the perfect. Whereas tasting contemporary, the citrus notes overwhelmed the whole lot else. If we make this once more, I might reduce the quantity of lemon juice (or use contemporary squeezed lemon juice) to lighten the citrus taste.
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ? teaspoon salt
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into
- 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1 (15½-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- To make the dressing, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, garlic, and salt in a small bowl until blended; set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the adobo seasoning. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl. Stir in the beans, mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper. Drizzle with the dressing and toss well to coat.