Weight Watchers Chicken and Quinoa Salad with Dried Fruit
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian (dark) sesame oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped pitted dates
- ¼ cup dried currants
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, mirin, soy sauce, ginger, and oil in a small bowl until blended; set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in the quinoa. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl; let cool about 10 minutes.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board; let rest for about 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into ¾-inch pieces.
- Add the chicken to the quinoa. Stir in the scallions, cilantro, dates, currants, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with the dressing and toss well to coat.