We know it is not possible to actually be able to eat a rainbow, but you can get close to it in terms of having a variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet that consists of all different colors. It is essential to understand that a healthy diet always includes fruit and vegetables since they are not only low in calories but have lots of nutrients, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are great for us.
- ½ pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 × ½-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons seasoning for poultry and meat
- ¼ (1-pound) box penne pasta (about 1 ? cups)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into thirds
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions omitting the salt, if desired. Using a small strainer or slotted spoon, transfer the pasta (reserving the water in the pot) to a colander. Rinse the pasta under cold running water; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the asparagus to the same pot of boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking; drain and add to pasta. Add the chicken, tomatoes, basil, cheese, garlic, oil, and salt; toss well to coat. Serve at once.