Weight Watchers Chicken and Mushroom Tetrazzini
- 6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- ½ pound ground skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, oyster, and white, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ? teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions omitting the salt, if desired. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a medium bowl. Wipe out the skillet.
- Spray the skillet with nonstick spray. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they give off their liquid and it has reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet; sprinkle with the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, just until the flour is no longer visible, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth, wine, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sour cream and parsley. Add the pasta and cheese and toss until mixed well.
- Transfer the chicken-pasta mixture to the baking dish. Bake until the top is lightly browned and the filling is heated through, about 20 minutes. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.