Weight Watchers Chicken and Mixed Mushroom Sauté
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (¼-pound) skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ½ pound fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, shallot, and thyme to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden and softened, about 8 minutes. Add the broth, chicken, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, turning the chicken occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving plate; cover to keep warm. Increase the heat to high and bring the mushroom mixture to a boil. Cook until the liquid has reduced to about 1¼ cups, about 4 minutes. Spoon the mushroom mixture over the chicken.