- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup rice, raw
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cut up
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the onions, broth, carrots and bouillon cubes in a Dutch oven and add five cups of water. Boil.
- Add the chicken and rice, lower the heat and simmer for around 20 mins.
- Beat the lemon juice and eggs, and add the hot soup while stirring.
- Add the oregano and to taste, add pepper and salt.